It’s true. Spring time is when the housing market picks up but whether you’re selling or just excited about spring, these helpful tips are important to keep your house in tip-top shape.
10 Point Checklist To Prepare Your Home For Spring
- Inspect the outside of your home. Do an inspection of the exterior of your home from back to front yard.
- Check your roof. Spend the time to check your roof for any signs of damage such as leaks, missing shingles, buckling or sagging in the roof.
- Check for air leaks. Check for any air that is leaking in or out of your home where you may need caulking or weather stripping.
- Clean the outside of your home. After inspection, clean the windows and screens, touch up any paint, power wash as needed and replace any broken screens.
- Check your foundation. Check to see if you see any damage to your foundation and make an appointment with a contractor if needed.
- Look for small fixes. Little things do matter. Check for squeaky doors, dripping faucets and loose cabinet hinges and repair them.
- Check your attic and basement. Check for nay common problems including pests, water damage or other leaks.
- Check your air conditioner. Although it might not have been in use during winter, inspect your A/C unit for leaks in the hoses and replace your air filter.
- Take some time to spring clean. Some people love spring cleaning and some don’t. Clean your ceiling fans, wipe down any trips and door handles, and have furniture and draperies cleaned.
- Change your heater filter.
If you are sprucing up your home to sell it, please contact me to discuss how you can sell for top dollar in this market.